Village Vehicle Stickers 2020-2021
Village Vehicle Sticker Forms will be mailed beginning in May. Residents will need to have the sticker displayed by July 1, 2020. Due to COVID-19, when payment is received and processed, the stickers will be mailed.
Options for payment:
- Customers will be able to mail payments along with forms to: Village of Richton Park, Attn: Finance/Vehicle Stickers, 4455 Sauk Trail, Richton Park, IL 60471 (no fee)
- Customer can pay by check or money order and drop off in the following two locations at the Village Hall (no fee)
- Drop Box located in the building next to the Finance Window
- Drop Box located NEXT to the blue USPS box that can easily be driven up to and dropped off.
- Customers will be able to pay online – once this is setup you will see the option under “Online Payments” (convenience fee –non Village fee)
- Customer can purchase at the Richton Park Currency Exchange (convenience fee-non Village fee)
- Vehicle Stickers are required for all motor vehicles.
- Stickers are due on our vehicle by June 1st of each year.
- A penalty of $5 will be added after due date, which increases by $5 on the first of each month thereafter.
- Passenger Car -- $50.00
- Motorcycle/Scooter -- $41.25
- B-Plate Truck -- $56.00
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) -- $50.50
- C-Plate [or above] Truck -- $78.50
- Charitable Vehicle (CV) -- $10.00
- Transfer/Replacement -- $10.00
- Senior Citizen & Disabled Veteran Rates
- Senior Citizen -- Free (one per household)
- Disabled Veteran (with DV plates) -- $1.50
- New residents have 30 days from settlement/closing/lease date to purchase a vehicle sticker without penalties.
- Please provide proof of settlement statement or lease.
- If previously you have not purchased a vehicle sticker, you have 30 days from when you receive permanent plates to purchase without a penalty.
- Please provide new vehicle registration form.
- If you have previously purchased a vehicle sticker for the year, you will need to purchase a transfer sticker (please see note below).
- Please provide proof of new vehicle (Bill of Sale).
- Transfer stickers are $10
- Transfer stickers can be purchased if you have proof that a vehicle sticker has been previously purchased for the year.
- Reasons for transfer: traded in car, broken windshield, etc.
- If a new vehicle, the license Plates have to be transferred to that vehicle to be eligible for a transfer sticker.
- If a new vehicle, with NEW LICENSE PLATES, a NEW vehicle sticker is required.
- The discounted rate will be issued to any resident age 65 or older (as of May 1st).
- Please provide a copy of license or state ID to show eligibility of discount.
- Note: Limit to one discount per household.
- The discounted rate will be issued to any resident who is considered a Disabled Veteran, with current DV plates.
- Please provide vehicle registration, along with documentation from the Department of Veterans Affairs verifying that you are Military Service Disabled.
- Only one discount per household.
- Cards will be mailed out late April and go on sale May 1st. Even if you don't receive a card, you still have to purchase a sticker.
- If you move but are still a Richton Park resident, please update your information with the Village in order to receive a card the following year.
- Half-Year prices become effective December 1st.
- Stickers can also be purchased at the Richton Park Currency Exchange at 3720 W. Sauk Trail. (There is a nominal fee).
If you are a new senior (65 years of age as of May 1, 2020) please provide DL# and expiration date for verification. One Discount Per Household. If you received the new form, you can highlight which vehicle you would like the senior discount to be applied to or place the word “senior” and return for the free sticker to be mailed out.