Planning & Zoning Commission
About the Planning & Zoning Commission
The Village of Richton Park's Planning and Zoning Commission shall consist of seven (7) members appointed by the President and the Board of Trustees. Each member shall be appointed to serve a term of five (5) years. Vacancies shall be filled by the Village Board for an unexpired term. Members may be removed by the Village Board for cause after written charges have been filed and after a public hearing has been held, if demanded by the member so charged.
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall be deemed to be the "Board of Appeals," as described in 65 ILCS 5/11-13-1 et. Seq., and the "Plan Commission," as described in 65 ILCS 5/11-2-1 et. Seq.
Jurisdiction. The Planning and Zoning Commission is hereby vested with the following jurisdiction and authority:
1. Prepare and recommended to the Board of Trustees a comprehensive plan, which shall be known as the Official Plan of the Village which shall include all the territory within another municipality.
2. Prepare and recommend to the Village Board from time to time changes t the Official Plan.
3. Prepare and recommend from time to time recommendations for implementation of the Official Plan
4. To hold public hearings on proposed amendments to the Village Zoning Ordinance and Development Code.
5. Review of requests of plats of subdivision as outlined in the Village Development Code.
6. Review of site plans as required by the Village Zoning Ordinance and Development Code.
7. Review of other policy issues that the Village Board may forward to the Planning and Zoning Commission for recommendation.
8. To hear and decide upon from any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the Zoning Administrator under this ordinance.
9. To hear and pass upon application for variations from the terms provided in this Zoning Ordinance in the manner prescribed by, and subject to, the standards established herein.
Meetings. All meetings of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be held at the call of the Chairman and at such other times the Planning and Zoning Commission may determine. If a public hearing is required, there shall be at least fifteen (15) days, but not more than thirty (30) days' notice of the time and place of such meeting published in a paper of general circulation in the Village of Richton Park; said notice to contain a statement of the particular purpose of such meetings and a brief description of the location of a property or purpose under consideration at such hearing.
All meetings of the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be open to the public and be in compliance with the Open Meetings Act.
The minutes of the Planning and Zoning Commission are to be itemized and shall be borne by the Village of Richton Park.
Finality of Decisions of the Planning and Zoning Commission. All decisions and findings of the Planning and Zoning Commission, on appeals or upon application for a variance after a hearing shall, in all instances, be final administrative determination and shall be subject to review by court as by law may be provided. Other decisions may be advisory or final as per other sections of the Zoning Ordinance and Development Code.
The Village of Richton Park's Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 7:30 p.m. at Village Hall (4455 Sauk Trail).