The Community Relations division of Community & Economic Development serves the community by planning, coordinating, and hosting Village programs, events, workshops, etc. Evoking citizen engagement is vital for a community to thrive, and through these various ventures, RIchton Park is a better place to live. Community Relations enforces the Village’s Human Rights Ordinance and Fair Housing Policy, encourages block organizing, community safety and multi-cultural training, mediates landlord/tenant and neighbor disputes and provides resident training in community outreach.
Services & Resources | What We Do
- Build & maintain relationships with Richton Park neighbors and local organizations
- Identify local and state, governmental resources available to the community
- Connect Village programs and events to specific community needs
- Identify, organize, and coordinate various volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate resident mediation services
- Identify and advertise rental & mortgage, and utility assistance programs
- Identify and coordinate job readiness resources
- Identify community employment opportunities
- Liaison to Village commissions, committees, and groups
- Liaison to Village Home Owner Associations
- Coordinate various Village community events
- Resident Meal Delivery for Seniors
Find information about the community you live in and the services that are provided to you as a citizen, resident, or business.