Welcome to the Richton Park Police Department
Message from the Chief
Welcome to the Village of Richton Park Police Department’s website. Our police department strives to provide excellence in policing services by working collaboratively with the community to address crime, the fear of crime and other public safety concerns. We work in partnership with residents, schools, local businesses, home owner associations, civic groups, churches and other government agencies to ensure the community of Richton Park is a place where people want to work, live and play.
As the head of the police department, I am committed to ensure that Richton Park police employees' enforcement of the law is ethical, constitutional and fair. Our department takes advantage of the latest technology, and best practices in the field of law enforcement to ensure our residents, businesses and visitors receive quality service in a timely manner.
It is my pleasure to work for such a supportive community and I welcome your input as to how we may serve you better.
Chief Demitrous Cook
As the head of the police department, I commit myself and staff to work in cooperation and collaboration with the members of the community to provide a safe, healthy and peaceful environment. I will ensure that our members keep abreast of the best practices in the field of law enforcement and remain highly trained, competent and effective in addressing crime and the conditions that lead to crime. We will continue to take pride in service to the community and each other by always remaining cognizant and protective of the constitutional rights and the human dignity of those we serve. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellence in policing services.
The vision of the Richton Park Police Department is to provide excellence in law enforcement services, making our community an ideal place for people to live, work and play.
It is the mission of the Richton Park Police Department to provide professional and ethical law enforcement services; work in cooperation with the community to enhance the quality of life; and preserve a safe environment for all to enjoy.
We value the diversity of our community and are dedicated to the professional and ethical standards we are sworn to uphold. We Promote and advocate:
• Respect: We respect human life. We hold the preservation of life as our sacred duty. Our value of human life sets our priorities.
• Integrity: We recognize that our behavior must reflect honesty, sincerity and accountability through ethical and moral standards. We do not tolerate the abuse of our police authority.
• Commitment: We are proactive members of our organization and community. We are self-directed and self-motivated. We identify problems, develop, and implement solutions to improve our quality of life.
• Honor: We honor the principles of the United States Constitution and the laws of Illinois. If the law is to be honored, those who enforce it must first honor it.
• Tolerance: We uphold good will, understanding and equal treatment for everyone.
• Organization: We will be an organization in which each employee embraces integrity as the cornerstone upon which the public trust is built.
• Nurture: We support training, promote career development and methods to continuously and objectively evaluate our own performance and be receptive to new ideas and constructive change.
• Professionalism: We value professionalism by having a clear sense of commitment, perspective and direction.
• Accountability: We value the need for effective use of our resources and to provide a spirit of openness in communication with our community. We will be responsible for our actions, willing to admit our mistakes and ensure that our behavior earns the support and trust of all segments of the public.
• Responsiveness: We value the opportunity to provide service in a manner that is fair, courteous, responsive and efficient.
• Knowledge: We value employees that are professional, knowledgeable, dedicated public servants committed to providing services of the highest quality.