Tips for Health & Wellness
WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESS
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations like COVID-19. You may feel anxiousness, anger, sadness or overwhelmed. Find ways to reduce your stress to help yourself and the people you care about.
- Learn the common signs of stress.
- Make time to unwind and do activities you enjoy.
- Talk with family and friends by phone, text or email.
- If you or a loved one is feeling overwhelmed, get support 24/7 by calling (800) 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
Learn more about stress and coping during the COVID-19 outbreak on the CDC website.
If you have to go out, take these steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Wear a mask in public.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Pick up food at drive-throughs, curbside restaurant service or stores
Going out? Keep these items on hand when in public spaces: a mask, disinfecting wipes and a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, if possible. Learn more about travel on the CDC website.
WORKPLACES CARRYING OUT CRITICAL FUNCTIONS
Use safety practices to protect critical infrastructure workers and their communities. When workers return to the job after potential COVID-19 exposure, implement these practices before and during their work shift:
- Monitor regularly
- Issue or approve personal face coverings
- Maintain social distance
- Disinfect and clean workspaces
See the new guidelines for employers on the CDC website.
USING RIDE-SHARE & TAXI SERVICES
If you plan to use ride-shares or taxis, protect yourself and others from COVID19 during your ride:
- Wear a mask, as able.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol after entering and leaving the vehicle.
- Avoid rides where multiple passengers outside your household are in the vehicle.
- When you arrive at your destination, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Visit the CDC website for more tips.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Wearing a mask correctly can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others. When you go out on essential trips, follow these helpful tips. If you have a child, remember those age 1 and younger shouldn't wear a mask.
Practice social distancing by putting space between yourself and others. Continue to practice healthy habits to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and then disinfect frequently used surfaces
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Avoid touching your face
Learn more about staying safe and healthy at cdc.gov/covid19.