Q. How do I pay a parking ticket?
A. Parking tickets can be paid one of two ways. You can pay in person at any time by coming to the Richton Park Police Department. Payment can be made with cash, check or credit card. If you choose, you can also pay on-line, with a credit card, by going to the Richton Park Website under the “pay bills” tab.

Q. How do I contest a parking ticket?
A. Parking ticket hearings are held the third Tuesday of each month at the Richton Park Village Hall. Hearing information is located in the lower right hand corner of each ticket.

Q. Do I need to purchase a village sticker?
A. Every vehicle that is domiciled in the Village is required to display a current Richton Park Village sticker. Village stickers must be displayed by June 1st of the current year and expire May 31st of the following calendar year.
New residents have 30 days from date of move-in to purchase a vehicle sticker without penalties.

Q. How do I pay for parking at the Metra Commuter Park Lot?
A. There are three designations of parking at the lot: daily, monthly and quarterly. Monthly and quarterly parking permits can be purchased through the Village hall and must be properly displayed whenever the vehicle is parked in the designated lot. In the daily pay lots, each space is marked with a number. After parking in the space, go to the machines, located at the train station entrance, and follow the directions on the pay machines.

Q. Why don’t I ever see a squad car driving on my street?
A. Police officers patrol the entire Village. They are required to routinely check their assigned areas. Not seeing the patrol car does not necessarily mean that your area is not regularly patrolled. Often times you might miss them if there is no specific problem reported in your area.

Q. How do I file a complaint against a Police Department employee?
A. If you have an issue with any employee of the Richton Park Police Department and wish to file a complaint, it is recommended that you come to the Richton Park Police Department and speak with the supervisor on duty. If the issue is not serious in nature, it may be able to be handled between you and the supervisor on duty. For more serious allegations, a formal written affidavit will be required, which can be provided to you by clicking on the below listed link, through the mail or for pick up at the police information desk.

For the Complaint Form, CLICK HERE

Q. How can I obtain a copy of a police report?
A. Police reports are available by coming to the Richton Park Police Department and filling out a “Freedom of Information Request”. Upon review of the request, the report, if approved, will be sent to you in the mail. If for some reason your request is denied, you will be informed by mail.

Q. Can my child get a ticket for walking in the street?
A. Yes. It is a violation of of state and local law for anyone to walk in the street when there is a sidewalk provided.

Q. What are the curfew hours in Richton Park?
A. For children under 16 years of age, curfew is from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am, seven days a week. Curfew for children ages 16 and 17 is from 11:30 pm to 6:00 am on Friday and Saturday and 10:30 pm to 6:00 am, Sunday through Thursday.

Q. How do I obtain an alarm permit for my home?
A. Any residence or business within the Village of Richton Park with an alarm MUST obtain an alarm permit. Alarm permit applications can be obtained from Village Hall. The application
is to be submitted to the Chief of Police. There is a one time $35 permit fee. Alarm permits must be renewed annually. Renewal applications are normally sent through the mail.

Q. How can I obtain a Firearms Owner's Identification Card (FOID?)
A. All owners of firearms must possess a valid FOID card. The Illinois State Police website has directions on how to obtain a FOID card.
Q. What can I do about nuisance pets?
A. There are a variety of situations that might qualify as nuisance pet complaints. Barking dogs, dogs-at-large, and pets left unattended are just a few. You can call the non-emergency number and an officer will be sent to your location to take the appropriate action.